TheSingleBlessing.com- - A Christian Connection News Source
RSS

Recent Posts

Speaking Out: Our Unemployed Americans
TSB Is 3!
What Is Christmas All About?
Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela - Madiba
A Commitment Is Required -

Most Popular Posts

"My Nth Degree Confession"
Remember to Praise Him in the Midst of Your Troubles

Unconditional Love
Unemployed Americans
Unemployment
powered by

Sample His Word

Marriage: In Your Heart and in Your Mind

TheSingleBlessing.com - love and marriageAlthough we are in our present state of singleness, most of us look forward to being blessed with the perfect mate that God has chosen for us.   Johnny Cochran’s tag line was - - preparation, preparation, preparation. Keeping that in mind, rest assured that while you wait, God is preparing you for your perfect mate - - just as He is preparing your mate for you.

The Word of God speaks of Adam and the "birth" of his mate in Genesis 2:18 - "And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone, I will make him a help meet for him."

So God caused Adam to go into a deep sleep and removed a rib, fashioning Eve - - Adam’s perfect mate.  I imagine that Adam looked upon her with adoration in his eyes, in awe at the beautiful woman that God had given unto him.

But what is more astonishing is that in that very instant, Adam and Eve were married.  No wedding gown, no tux.  At that very moment they were mated to one another by God.  At that very moment, Adam and Eve were married to one another in their hearts and in their minds - - just as God wants us to be.  Genesis 2:23-25.

So what has happened in many of the marriages today?  It’s simple – there is no commitment to one another.  They may marry in their minds, thinking of mere conveniences - - finances, physical attributes, or even a casual or business partnership.  But all too often they leave out the heart - -the commitment.

You see, long before an engagement ring is presented, long before a wedding dress is bought or you're fitted for your tuxedo, and certainly long before you walk down the aisle, there must be a marriage in your hearts and in your minds.

But taking this understanding of marriage a step further, the Word also says that we must obey the laws of the land.  So please don’t let this information lead you to believe that there is no cause to legalize your marriage.  Wherever you reside, the law is clear as it pertains to marriages - - and we must obey the laws of the land.

Understanding God’s intentions for us, makes it easier to obey His will and be stronger in the faith.  Be patient, your day is coming.

10 Comments to Marriage: In Your Heart and in Your Mind:

Comments RSS
Alvaro Brett on Sunday, December 9, 2012 6:28 AM
After reading out this post I've come to know about the Marriage: In Your Heart and in Your Mind as well. Thanks and keep it up!!!
Reply to comment

Jackie on Friday, December 14, 2012 8:33 PM
Alvaro, Thanks so much for visiting and I really appreciate your comment. This article is close to my heart. I often wondered why marriages don't work and I finally have a good understanding. I had to go back to Genesis - and there was my answer. God bless and please visit again. TSB Publisher

wedding photographer cardiff on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:03 PM
I liked the way you wrote it. You did not divert from the topic even once which I have not seen in many other writers.
Reply to comment

Jackie - TSB Publisher on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:31 PM
What a joy to hear from you and thanks so much for the compliment! I often wonder about my readers from other countries. Marriage is definitely ordained by God and should be treated as such. The love that's in our heart and mind is an imbedded truth within our soul. A true marriage, based on love and respect is so beautiful and should be considered as one of the 7 wonders of the world! I look forward to hearing from you again. Be blessed!

Anonymous on Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:15 AM
whoah this blog is magnificent i love reading your posts. Keep up the great work! You know, many people are hunting around for this information, you could aid them greatly.
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:39 PM
To God be the glory! It is my sincere prayer that others will have a true understanding and abide by the sanctity of marriage. Thank you so much for your comments and visiting the site. Jackie

terracotta jewellery on Monday, August 26, 2013 1:00 AM
I am interested in reading about more of the similar topics and would like to have further information on the same subject. Hope to see the next blog soon. Thanks. Keep blogging... !!

Jackie TSB Publisher on Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10:39 AM
Terracotta Jewellery, thanks so much for your comments, it is such a pleasure to hear from my readers. As God inspires me to write on this subject, I will certainly share them with you. If there are particular questions that you have on this subject or any of the articles feel free to contact us and we will address them. Blessings -
Reply to comment

dubai prenup photography on Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:41 AM
i am always hopeful for good partner i am not thinking about that my singleness is good for me.i need a a partner who hold my hand and live with me.so correct thought you produce,marriage in my mind and in my heart also.You really create it seem so simple with your demonstration but I discover this subject to be really something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complex and very wide for me. I am anticipating for your next publish, I will try to get the hold of it!
Reply to comment

TSB on Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:01 PM
Thank you so much for writing. Let me explain - - This concept is simple. God has never complicated our lives - we make things complicated ourselves. Often times we tend to over think matters and become anxious, making hasty decisions. These decisions often lead to serious mistakes. I would like to invite you to read another article, "Celebrate Your Singleness" and concentrate on the "God's View of Singleness" in the second section. This article addresses some of your comments mentioned above. Thanks so much for visiting - I look forward to hearing from you again!